League - Conference B

Dundonald  3   -   Bo,Ness Utd 3  Sibanda, Drummond , Durie                                                            

This was a big game for both Dundonald and Bo'ness in their fight to finsh in the top five and qualify for next seasons top league

A minutes appluse was held for 


Dundonald's ex manager and chairmen Dan Steele before this game. It was the visitors who had the better start and could have been three up in the first fifteen minutes  but were denied by Dundonald goalkeeper  James Lennox.In the seventeen minute Bo'Ness were reduced to ten men when their player was shown a red card for his challenge on Smith. Although the vistors were a man down they continued to put Dundonald under pressure and were unlucky not to take the lead when a shot from the edge of the box rebouned off the bar. Dundonald's first real chance of the match fell to Campbell when he got on the end of Smith's flick  but he fired the ball wide. Dundonald did take the lead, against the run of play, when Sianda managed to force the ball over the line after a goal mouth scramble. With the half drawing to close Bo'Ness got back on level terms after Dundonald keeper lennox brought down their striker inside the box. The vistors made no mistake with the spot kick.

Half Time 1-1

Dundonald made the perfect start to the second half when after some fine play Smith set up Drummond and the full back fired the ball into the net. Unfortunatly for Dundonald their lead did not last as Bo'Ness drew level, again, with a fine finish after the home defence failed to clear their lines. With the match finely balanced it erupted into action with a moment of controversy when Campbell and a Bo'Ness defender came togeather as they chased a long ball the referee judged the contact to be inside the box and awarded Dundonald a penalty and sent the defender off for his protests at the decision. Campbell stepped forward to take the penalty but hit it straight down the middle and it was easily saved. Durie put Dundonald back in front when he headed home form a corner. The home side were then reduced to ten men when o Neil went off injured and all their substitutes had been used. As the visitors pressed for an equalizer Dundonald had two great chances to wrap up the points firstly Campbell and Penman broke forward and with just the one defender to beat Penman failed to return Campbell's pass and the chance was losted. It was Campbell again who broke free but with just the keeper his effort was weak and the keeper saved the danger. With the game drawing to a close Bo'Ness drew level again when a long throw into the box was knocked on and their striker was first to react and forced the ball into the net. 


This was strange game to judge because Bo'Ness could have had this game won before half time with the chances they had created but Dundonald will feel that playing ten men for most of the match then missing a penalty and two super chances they should have won it but if you don't take your chances you don't win games.

Next Match  


                           Challenge Cup                       Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent

Saturday 5th February 2022

Kick off 2-30pm