The Journey To Senior Football and Scottish Cup Entry
Be Part of the History Making “Bluebell”
Dundonald Bluebell Football and Community Club made a decision to leave junior football at the end of season 17/18 and join the East of Scotland League and the Scottish Football Pyramid with an aim to get the club more involved in the community, upgrade our facilities, promote our youth teams and achieve full membership of the Scottish Football Association (SFA).
Our facilities are used not just for Dundonald Bluebell but for the wider community and have been upgraded in the last year by undertaking works that have included installation of new perimeter fencing, erection of floodlights, new and upgraded changing facilities, establishing a covered disabled viewing area along with other more minor maintenance and repair jobs.
The last 12 months have been eventful, we have also developed a partnership with Glenrothes Athletic where we now have 10 teams from 4 year olds to 19 year olds playing under the Dundonald Bluebell Football Academy. All these kids are from the local area. For season 19/20 we will also have a under 20s team representing Dundonald Bluebell playing in the Lowland League on a Friday night.
We rely heavily on the diligent effort and hard work from our committee, volunteers and supporters who undertake all duties to keep the club afloat without this commitment the club would not exist.
By way of understanding our club we operate under the below principles.
Who we Are
Dundonald and the Cardenden area is a village with deep roots in coal mining and a working class community with a strong work ethic. The club aims to be the focal point of the area as a senior football club and develop a community togetherness that the club can play a pivotal role in not just on Saturday afternoons.
· Respect for the Individual
· A passion and commitment to football for all
· The promotion of the benefits of Sport
· Working with our Community
· Creating an honest, open and transparent environment
What we currently do in the Community and beyond
· We have a 300 strong membership ranging from 4 year olds to Adults providing football activities for everyone.
· Our 1st team participate in the East of Scotland League Premier Division, playing games across the Scottish Borders, Lothians, Fife and Central Scotland.
· We hold Charity Days, Community Fund Raisers, John Thompson Memorial Day, Primary School training days and various local events on our pitch and premises.
· We provider all our facilities free of charge to local groups.
Challenge Cup Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent
Saturday 5th February 2022
Kick off 2-30pm